Souanyokocho (宗庵よこ長), the Origin of Yudoufu (湯どうふ), the Speciality of Ureshino, Saga, Japan!


In the morning of Dec. 23, 2018, I walked around on the streets of Ureshino Hot Springs, Saga, Japan. Roughly at 11:30, I entered the restaurant, Souanyokochou (宗庵よこ長). Souanyokochou (宗庵よこ長) was the time-honored restaurant which specialized in Yudoufu (湯どうふ), Ureshino's speciality.

There were already so many customers inside.



Luckily, I had my seat as soon as I entered here.



There were many cuisines to order on its menu.


Of course, I ordered its signature, yudoufu (湯どうふ) set, at 850 JPY (= 7.83 USD).


By the way, Ureshino's hot springs had started since 1,300 years ago.


The yudoufu (湯どうふ) set I was looking forward to was eventually served on my table!


The yudoufu (湯どうふ) set looked various!


Here were 4 side dishes. They all tasted not bad!



Here was an instruction at Souanyokochou (宗庵よこ長) about how to enjoy yudoufu (湯どうふ).


Therefore, I just followed its instruction.


Its seasonings consisted of sliced scallions and bonito flakes.


I just added the seasonings into the yudoufu (湯どうふ).


The soup tasted light and smooth with the umami taste of seafood.


Its yudoufu (湯どうふ) was so soft with the soy aroma. Its texture was fluffy and smooth. The yudoufu (湯どうふ) dipped in the sauce tasted so great!


In fact, the portion of yudoufu (湯どうふ) was really enough. Its price was pretty affordable. I'd like to recommend you to have the hot and tasty yudoufu (湯どうふ) when visiting Ureshino, Saga!


Map Information



Business Hours:10:00 - 20:30 (Closed on Wednesdays)
Official Website:http://yococho.com/
TEL:+81 954-42-0563

留言