Fried Water Chestnuts, the Popular Snacks in Taichung, Taiwan

(中文版本:菱角酥,台灣台中豐原的超人氣小點心!)

On Jan. 15, 2017,  I went to my friends' wedding in Taichung, Taiwan by train from Taipei, Taiwan. After their wedding, I took a bus to Fengyuan Station in Taichung and wanted to go back to Taipei by railway. Unfortunately, I failed to connect the express train I'd like to take previously. In other words, I had to wait an hour for the next express train.

I knew that Miaodong Night Market was a famous night market in Fengyuan, Taichung, Taiwan. It seemed a good place to take my one hour. As soon as I came to its entrance, I saw the popular street stall sell fried water chestnuts.

The fried water chestnut stand at Miaodong Night Market, Fengyuan, Taichung, Taiwan
The fried water chestnut stand
*Please don't forget to take your queueing number ticket

I took the number ticket and waited there until they called my number.  There were many people queueing, but I was really looking forward to the popular snack!

The raw material: water chestnut
Although the street vendors acted professionally and fast, it still took me 40 minutes to wait! I didn't expect that I had to spend so much time on the fried water chestnuts! During my waiting period, I went to another famous street stall, Miaodong's Steamed Shrimp Ba-Wan and shot the following videos to record their professions!





Fried water chestnut in Fengyuan, Taichung, Taiwan
The golden fried water chestnut looked tasty!
Finally I got my fried water chestnuts! After I put it into my mouth, I thought the long queueing was definitely worthwhile! It was too delicious to stop my skewer. Soon I finished all! And then I went to Fengyuan Station to take the express train to Taoyuan Station!


The Map

留言