Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚), the Yummy Milkfish Rice Recommended by Locals near MRT Wanfang Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan


On some day of Jun. 2017, I visited my friend's home near MRT Wanfang Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan to learn the knowledge about assembling PC.

That evening, my friend recommended the restaurant, Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚), for dinner!

Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
My friend strongly recommend the milkfish rice here to me. I thought it sounded so special, so I decided to order one bowl of milkfish rice!

Menu @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
Menu @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
At first, I tried the large bowl of milkfish rice. It cost me 50 TWD(=1.65 USD).

milkfish rice @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
Milkfish rice @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
After trying it, I liked it! It was as alluring as the braised pork on rice, but with less oil and fat. And the milkfish tasted umami. It was absolutely worth a try!

Milkfish Rice @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
Milkfish rice @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
Additionally, my friend also recommended the pearl fish!

Pearl fish @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
Pearl fish @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
The fish looked so fat, but there was full roe inside. That's great for roe lovers!

Pearl fish @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
Pearl fish @ Boneless Milkfish(無刺虱目魚) in Taipei, Taiwan
The restaurant seems to keep a low profile. Luckily, I have a local friend, so I have this opportunity to try the gourmet!


Map Information


Opening Hours: 11:00 - 14:00 ; 17:00 - 21:00 (週一公休)

留言