Ogiichi Masuzushi Hompo (扇一 ます寿し本舗), Serving the Scrumptious Trout Sushi, Toyama's Local Speciality in Toyama, Japan!

(中文版:扇一鱒魚壽司本舖(扇一ます寿し本舗),日本富山特色美食,超美味鱒魚壽司)

On Jan. 7, 2020, I got up so early in Downtown Toyama, Japan to buy Toyama's most special gourmet, Trout Sushi!

Here were lots of restaurants serving trout sushi in Toyama, Japan. This time I decided to visit Ogiichi Masuzushi Hompo (扇一 ます寿し本舗).


I headed to Koizumicho Station, the closest tram station to Ogiichi Masuzushi Hompo (扇一 ます寿し本舗), by Toyama Tram.


I arrived at Ogiichi Masuzushi Hompo (扇一 ます寿し本舗) at 08:15. Fortunately, I successfully bought the trout sushi at 1,650 JPY (= 15.07 USD). I had heard that the trout sushi would easily be sold out if late arrival.


After I luckily bought Ogiichi's trout sushi, I took Toyama Tram back to the hotel I stayed near Denkibiru-Mae Station.


The expiry date and recommendation about reserving were both written on the outer package of trout sushi. The sushi could be kept for 3 days under 20 degrees Celsius. It shouldn't be put in the fridge because the sushi rice would became firm.


Next, I tried to unwrapped its package.


After opening the bamboo box, I saw the thing wrapped with bamboo leaves and a plastic knife.


I eventually saw the brightly orange trout sushi after unwrapping the bamboo leaves!


The trout sushi looked like a whole large cake! I followed the suggestion on the wrapper, so I divided the trout sushi into 8 pieces.


The trout sushi was stressed sushi. The texture of sushi rice was firmer than common nigiri sushi!


The bonding between trout and sushi rice was quite steady!


The pickled trout looked not only brightly orange but also quite thick. It also looked slightly oily but pretty mouth-watering!


The pickled trout tasted a little salty, but it was still quite fresh and tender with some fat. With the slightly sour sushi rice, the trout sushi was absolutely perfect!

Although the trout sushi was a very delicious breakfast for me, its portion was still too large for a single person. Therefore, I only enjoyed a half of trout sushi on the 1st day and finished the other half on the 2nd day.

Personally speaking, the trout sushi is quite representative gourmet food in Toyama! I can say that the trout sushi is exactly the thing you shouldn't miss when visiting Toyama, Japan!


Map Information


Business Hours:08:00 - 15:00
Official Website:https://jksw.karakasa.com/
TEL:+81 76-491-0342

留言